Fly-Ax™ - Control and Kill Flies
Fly-Ax™ is a granular bait that is highly attractive to many species of flies including house flies, blow flies, biting, nuisance and bot flies. Fly-Ax™ has a fly sex attractant plus other ingredients to attract flies, flies feeding on the bait are quickly killed either by ingestion or contact.
The insecticide Methomyl 10g/kg
Fly sex attractant Tricolure*(Muscalure)
Plus Gustative baits
Formulated and produced in New Zealand Fly-Ax™ is a preventative product that reduces the possibility of fly populations from establishing and is the key to prevent populations from becoming infestations and reducing the likelihood of fly related problems.
Fly-Ax™ is approved for use in premises registered under the Animal Products Act, NZFSA Approved Type B (all animals except dairy)
This means that Fly-Ax™ is approved for use around food producing animals and all premises processing animal product except in dairy factories or in areas processing edible product.
There are many species of fly that effect animal production.
Sheep are affected by blow flies that lay eggs on the fleece and can burrow onto the skin the feeding larvae cause the wound to spread leading to severe irritation, loss of appetite, rubbing, biting dehydration and infection-death.
Dairy cow production can be effected by the biting / nuisance fly, these irritate the animal causing them to stamp their feet swish tails and not eat.
Horses and other domestic animals are also affected by these flies which are also known as stable flies and cause high levels of distress and annoyance. Animals become irritated and hard to handle.
Fly-Ax™ works on preventing fly populations from getting established and by keeping the fly population low at the start of the season and then keeping it controlled during the season, this will prevent your fly population from becoming a fly infestation and reduces the likelihood of fly-related problems.
Fly-Ax™is packed in 400gm 3kg & 5kg containers
Fly-Ax™ is ideal for use in the following areas/situations, wherever flies are found outside
- Wool sheds and yards at shearing and docking
- Dairy farms (not within 20 metres of the vat or shed), feed pads and effluent areas around the dairy shed, cattle feedlots
- Horse stables and yards especially areas when bot flies are prevalent.
- Piggeries/pig sties
- Poultry sheds/houses
- Dog kennels & Catteries (but not in reach of the animals – Fly-ax is a poison)
- Compost bins
- Refuse containers and stations
- Bait Stations
Bait stations should be placed so as to draw flies away from areas where they are a nuisance; they should be fixed in place and out of the wind and protected from rain as much as possible. They should be placed out of the reach of children, animals.
Place Fly-Ax™ onto trays or suitable shallow containers (such as foil oven trays)spread evenly on container so as to allow as many flies to land as possible to come in contact with the bait at the rate of 100gm Fly-ax per 40m₂
CAUTION - FLY-AX IS VERY TOXIC SO KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN, PETS AND LIVESTOCK. IT HAS A STRONG ODOUR DUE TO THE ATTRACTANT BUT CARE IS NEEDED. SEE THE PRECAUTIONS TAB
WARNING: This product may be harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin.
- Store in original container, tightly closed away from foodstuffs, animals and children.
- Do not use in areas where exposed meat, milk or other edible products are present or used.
- When handling, wear waterproof gloves and DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR SMOKE.
- Remove protective clothing and wash hands and face before meals and after work. Dispose of empty container safely.
- If swallowed flush with water. Do not cause vomiting if patient is unconscious or convulsing.
- Take to hospital without delay.